Quicken is one of the most reputed finance management software that helps users to keep a complete track of their personal finances. The best part about the software is that it can be compatible with both Windows as well as Mac. If you intend to switch from Windows to Mac, you still have an option to use Quicken on Mac. One may refer to the following steps in order to understand the process of converting Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac. Otherwise, you can simply reach out to Quicken customer care number and take help from the experts.
Export files from Quicken Windows:
The steps explained below will help you to prepare to export your data from Quicken Windows:
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Tools’ section of Quicken
- Step 2: Visit the accounts list and see the hidden accounts by tapping on ‘Options.’
- Step 3: Select the ‘Manage account’ option and then ‘Hide in Quicken.’
- Step 4: Click on ‘Edit’ and rename the files by using uppercase letters
- Step 5: Look for the files you want to export and then tap on ‘Accept all.’
- Step 6: Visit the ‘File’ menu and use ‘QIF’ format to export all the selected files
- Step 7: Go to the folder where you would like to save the file and type ‘Account.qif’ in the file name. Press ‘OK.’
- Step 8: Find the option ‘Quicken account to export from’ and select the account that you want to transfer.
- Step 9: Provide a date range on which you want to transfer the files.
- Step 10: Here, you would have to select the group of files that you want to export.
- Step 11: Use the FAT file format to open the formatted CD drive
- Step 12: Visit the location where you had saved the file and then copy it on the CD.
Import files for Quicken Mac:
Once you have successfully transferred the data on your CD, you can easily import them for Quicken Mac:
- Step 1: Go to the ‘File’ menu of Quicken on your Mac device
- Step 2: Choose ‘New Quicken file’ and proceed.
- Step 3: Fill the required information in the ‘Create Data File’ box and then click on ‘Create.’
- Step 4: Insert the CD in the disk drive
- Step 5: Revisit the file menu and select ‘From QIF’ under the import options
The methods shared above may vary depending upon which version of Windows and Mac you are using. In case you need some additional assistance, contact Quicken customer service number and speak to professionals regarding the matter. They will help you with the most suitable solution in no time at all.